The Garden of Remembrance is located on the junction of Station Road and Stokes Road.
The land was donated to the town for the creation of a World War II memorial. The names of local residents who lost their lives in the War are recorded on a memorial wall within the garden.
The memorial was formally opened by the Duke of Edinburgh in November 1947. (In the 1980s the names of those remembered were added to the town’s main War Memorial on Lacock Road.)
How to get there