The Mansion House was built on two acres of land acquired in 1721 for £100 by Robert Neale, a rich and successful clothier, from his father-in-law William Arnold. The grand new house was built within two years at a cost of £2,100. The completion was marked by an elegant datestone on the carriage-house with the initials of Robert and Sarah Neale and the date 1723. Robert and Sarah lived there with their children and even marked their heights on the stone surround of the front door – marks which can still be seen today.
Three generations of the Neale family lived in the Mansion House and then the building was run as a boarding school for many years in the nineteenth century, then a private hotel and a Wiltshire County Council premises.
In 1969 a purpose-built new library opened next to the Mansion House. In 2014 after nearly 45 years the library closed and was demolished. It was replaced in 2019 by a modern square glazed secondary entrance lobby entrance giving access to the Mansion House when it was transformed into the Corsham Digital Mansion.
Today, this digital innovation and business hub is a centre for digital start-up businesses, offering small units with associated meeting rooms and breakout areas. The building stands in Corsham town centre with large open gardens to the rear.