The Town Council’s vision for Corsham, when it comes to being Open for Business (a theme from the Strategic Plan 2018-2022) is about establishing and enhancing Corsham as a good place to be in business; providing a vibrant community of sustainable businesses which offer a good selection of goods and services for its residents and create opportunities for local people to gain good employment.
Our objectives in meeting that vision are:
- To support and encourage new and existing businesses to create and grow a diverse economy.
- To enhance transport connectivity for the town.
- To encourage and promote spaces where new and growing businesses will want to embed themselves firmly in the community.
- To explore ‘buy local’ schemes and incentives for residents and businesses to source goods and services locally and support the local economy.
- To explore measures to enhance the High Street experience for residents and visitors.
- To continue to support and collaborate with formal and informal business groups to connect them to one another and to the community.
Town Councillors meet regularly with local business owners to discuss aspects of the Council’s work, including tourism and events and environmental projects. For advice, support and information, contact us at the Town Hall.
Further help and advice is available from:
Corsham Chamber of Commerce While the Chamber has been dormant for quite some time, there are plans to resume activity in 2022.
Inspire is an organisation that can offer help and support, as well as networking opportunities.
Wiltshire Council has an Economic Development team that offers support and information to local businesses, including grant funding. You can find out more from the Businesses section of the Wiltshire Council website. You can also sign up for a weekly Wiltshire News for Businesses e-newsletter.
The Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (SWLEP) is a private sector-led partnership between local businesses, Swindon Borough Council, Wiltshire Council, the military and the education sector. Its aim is to bring about sustainable economic growth to the region and, by 2026, to see Swindon and Wiltshire renowned for innovation, entrepreneurism and great quality of life. Their Growth Hub , ‘a gateway to success’, offers business support, workshops and events (many of which are free).